AO: Milton, De.
SSH – 20 IC
Cherry Pickers – 15 IC
Windmills – 15 IC
Bolt 45’s – 15 squats full up to half way down, 15 squats half way down to full down, & 15 squats full motion. All completed IC as a 4 count.
Mosey approx. ½ mile to “Oh Hill No” amidst “joyful” grunts and groans of anticipation from all HIM…J…
Lovingly dubbed “Leftovers” as the routine refers to the completion of a previous Q that was stopped short due to time, high temperatures and humidity.
The Sheldon Cooper was completed utilizing the hill. Each PAX Completed 10 Burpees, 10 Squats, 10 Merkins & 10 Big Boys. Nur up the hill and mosey down to complete 9 Burpees, 9 Squats, 9 Merkins, & 9 Big Boys. Descending until reaching a set of 5 of the exercises. Some PAX worked ahead and completed down to the round of 1 in the designated time. When the 6 was in at the set of 5, we took a break for the F3 Message.
Mosey back ½ mile to the AO.
Count-O-Rama, Name-O-Rama, and the Circle of Trust. Prayers were offered for multiple needs within the attending PAX, but please keep all our HIM in your thoughts and prayers.
F3 Message – 11/27/18
Q shared a message from Crosswalk.com that spoke to being thankful and grateful for what God has provided and how we should all have a heart of thanksgiving. The message was written by Debbie McDaniel who is a writer, pastor’s wife, mom to three amazing kids (and a lot of pets).
Excerpts from the post by Debbie McDaniel:
“We have so much to be grateful for in this life. Each and every day. But reality is that sometimes constant life demands, struggles, and worries give more room to defeat than to a heart of thanks. Or we forget, in the midst of busyness and pressures, just to pause and give thanks, for all that God has done, and continues to do in our lives. Sometimes it really is a sacrifice to offer praise and thanks. We may not feel like it. We’re struggling. We’re weary. Or maybe, we feel like He let us down. We think God seems distant, like he’s far away, or doesn’t really care about what’s troubling us. Painful life blows and losses might have recently sent us spiraling. But here’s what can make a lasting difference. We have a choice, every day, to give him thanks. And with a heart of thanksgiving, we realize that no matter what we face, God doesn’t just work to change our situations and help us through our problems. He does more. He changes our hearts. His power, through hearts of gratitude and focused minds on Him, releases the grip our struggles have over us. We’re strengthened by His peace, refueled by His joy. God’s Word is filled with many reminders of how powerful and vital a thankful heart can be in this world.”
The Power of a Grateful Heart, 7 Things It Can Do:
-“It gets our eyes off ourselves, and helps us to focus back on God”.
– “It reminds us we’re not in control, but that we serve a Mighty God who is. It keeps us in a place of humility and dependency on Him, as we recognize how much we need Him.”
– “It helps us to recognize we have so much to be thankful for, even all of the little things, which often we may forget to thank Him for…but they really are the biggest, most important things in this life. It takes our attention off of our problems and helps us instead to reflect on, to remember, the goodness of His many blessings.”
-“It reminds us that God is the Giver of all good gifts. We were never intended to be fully self-sufficient in this life. A grateful heart reminds us that ultimately God is our Provider, that all blessings and gifts are graciously given to us by His hand”.
– “A heart of gratitude leaves no room for complaining. For it is impossible to be truly thankful and filled with negativity and ungratefulness at the same time.”
– “It makes the enemy flee. The forces of darkness can’t stand to be around hearts that give thanks and honor to God. Our praise and thanksgiving will make them flee.”
– “It opens up the door for continued blessings. It invites His presence. Our spirits are refreshed and renewed in Him. God loves to give good gifts to His children. He delights in our thankfulness and pours out His Spirit and favor over those who give honor and gratitude to Him.”
“O Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.” Ps. 95:1-3
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.” Ps. 100:4-5
“Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love endures forever.” Ps. 118:29