16 Mar 2019
Q: Dirty Jobs
We all recognize that life can get heavy. In those moments of heaviness, we are faced with a decision to give up or carry on. Quitting is not an approved course of action and regardless of how heavy the burdens of life may be, we commit to never leave a man behind, and never leave a man where you found him. At F3 Monterey, we train like we fight. Thus, weighed down was born.
- 200 yd jog
- 50 yd walking toy soldier, 50 yd jog
- 50 yd karaoke, 50 yd jog
- 25 yd walking lunges, 25 yd jog back
- 1-minute Arm circles
- Werkins/Air Squats 10-9-8-7-6
Partner WOD w/ Coupon – 1 partner runs, 1 partner works. PRIZE: Reverse High Planks.
25 yd line – 1 Partner jogs to the 25-yd line and back while 1 partner completes a combined total of 25 reps of DERKINS, GOBLET SQUATS, and 4-ct FLUTTER KICKS. Partners switch after each run portion.
50 yd line – REPEAT run/exercises but increase repetitions to 50 per exercise.
75 yd line – REPEAT run/exercises but increase repetitions to 75 per exercise.
100 yd line – Run/exercises with a combined total of 100 reps of MAN MAKERS, 4-ct ALT LUNGES, KETTLEBELL SWINGS.
Welcome FNGs KERMIT and FIGUERO!!
“If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!” – Rudyard Kipling
Slack has proven to be an awesome platform for all things men and F3. Sadly, it’s a ghost town sometimes. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, I’m speaking to you directly. We use it for male bonding, communication, and fodder. Check it out here. “Slack. Social media for men.”
It’s official! F3 Monterey has put together a team of warriors and we are taking Monterey by force on 1 Jun 19 at the Spartan Super. We plan to complete the course in 1 hour, or as close to 1 hour as possible. There is still plenty of time left to join the “F3 Monterey” team. Check out the Spartan Race here, June 1-2. Are you a Spartan? Do you want to be? For all others, at least come fake it. If interested, follow the directions below.
- Buy the “Entry to Monterey Super (Valid for Saturday Afternoon Race Times- 1 p.m. or Later)” Groupon. You can save some money or get some cash back if you buy thru eBates or USAA or Samsung Pay (just today). Groupon also seems to have some discount codes every now and then (see the current banner at the top of groupon).
- Go to Spartan.com and sign up for the “After 1pm” race. Go thru filling out the forms etc.
- Eventually it will ask for a promo code and that’s where you put in the Groupon redemption code. FYI Additional fees at spartan added $22.10 to Groupon cost.
- When you go thru the menu items at spartan site it will ask you if you want to join a team (not a prepaid team). Put in “F3Monterey”. It will ask you a preferred start time. Most have been putting in 1:15pm but the actual start time is subject to change.
Depending on the rebates you do or don’t get it will cost you between $86-$101 to register.
Follow @f3monterey and @f3nation on twitter.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org