4 Feb 2019
Bottom line up front (BLUF) YHC was dreaming of the fartsack until 5:59. Didn’t want to workout. Sharkbait, having no power at his house for the weekend, was onboard with going straight to coffee if it was just the 2 of us. Thankfully, we were not alone and since our minds were weak, we had F3 brothers to pick us up. Flea and Tiny Lumber emerged from the gloom and needed our A game just like we needed theirs.
And then, about 15 minutes in, the heaven’s opened and the monsoon began…
So here’s how it went down:
Warmup: SSHs, IWs, MNCs, Copperhead squats x20 IC
The Thang: Mosey to the basketball court for a variation on the Cooper. Instead of a lap, we ran suicides.
- 10, 9 – Burpees – suicides – Plank
- 8, 7 – Merkins – Forward to each line, sprint backwards back
- 6, 5 – Dips – Lunge walk suicides
- 4, 3 – Burpees – Bear Crawl suicides
- 2, 1 – Calf raises x20 – suicides
Mosey back to the play ground. 3 rounds of 20 seconds max pull-ups. Mosey back to the flags.
COT: This morning exemplified the 2 biggest reasons F3 is important to me. 1. It is a proven fact that I cannot will myself to workout alone. Left to my own devices, I will fartsack all day long. Absolutely zero desire to do any work this morning. So thankful for the men of F3 Monterey to motivate me and keep me accountable. And you can all know that when you show up to a workout not wanting to work, I’m gonna be there to push you. Period.
2. We are all training for something. A time is coming when we will be asked to do something we are not expecting. We can train for races and train to get in shape but how do you train for that day when your car breaks down and you have to carry your kids for a few miles to get help? Or the day you have to shovel your snowed in neighbor out of their house when the power goes out? Or rescue a dog from the roof of a flooded house? Will any of these things happen to you? Unknowable. That’s why it’s the unexpected. But how do you prepare for the unexpected? Well, maybe it’s by persevering through bear crawls in down pouring rain on a cold basketball court.
TAPS: Dirty Jobs shared on Saturday that his brother and sister are both dealing with some serious stuff. Keep them in your TAPS.
and pray for those in Carmel still without power and the workers trying to fix it.
Camping trip this weekend. Just say yes. Yes.
Free Samples is taking the lead on the Spartan race. Talk to him if you are interested.
Join the conversation on slack. That’s where all the shenanigans takes place.
The Q schedule is filling up fast. If you think you’re ready for your first Q, you better sign up now! There isn’t an open Saturday until mid March.